Senior Director - Automotive Customer Solutions - Europe | Germnay, Europe
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Company brouchure.pdf (PDF, 575KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2022|
Seeing Machines works with the world's leading OEMs to deliver state-of-the-art operator monitoring technology across our chosen transport sectors of commercial road transport (Fleet), automotive, and aviation. In Fleet, our best-in-class aftermarket product Guardian provides drivers and fleet operators real-time protection from distraction and fatigue events. In automotive, we enable safer Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Automated Driving (AD) solutions and in aviation, our advanced gaze tracking technology understands how pilots interact and monitor instruments – leading to better training and safer operations.
About the opportunity
Based in Germany, we are recruiting a for a Senior Director to be responsible for leading regional (specifically Europe) automotive customer development and support, including new customer relationships and business development (identification of new DMS/OMS customers in the region, program opportunities, value propositions, RFI/RFQ timing, and proposals), customer sales, customer technical solutions, customer technical/field support. Responsible for identification of customer needs, roadmaps, and recommendations related to SEEING MACHINES technology application/integration and product/roadmap gaps and priorities.
Responsible to determine Seeing Machines' European needs and scaling European team as needed.
- Ownership of development and maintenance of a regional (specifically Europe) business development and growth strategy.
- Develop and Maintain expertise on current Seeing Machines DMS/OMS technology, products, and services, collaborating closely with Automotive VP, Director Project Management, SVP Engineering, and Automotive Technical Marketing Director.
- Educate customers on DMS/OMS technology and application in general, and on SEEING MACHINES technology/capability more specifically, developing business and technical relationships, and become a trusted DMS/OMS technology consultant to our customers.
- Ongoing OEM customer engagement and development of new OEM relationships in the region for roadmap needs/alignment, with written reports and active feedback.
- Identification of market problems, emerging value propositions/architectures, and differentiated solutions involving DMS/OMS and/or OMS as an element in vehicle Safety, ADAS, and Autonomous Driving Systems, and input into SEEING MACHINES roadmaps and product strategy.
- Identify and assess competitive threats, communicate with product marketing and engineering and input into company strategy/roadmap.
- Support of Tier 1 or OEM study projects which may involve customized SEEING MACHINES solutions and/or coordination of professional services offerings.
- Ongoing Tier 1 engagement and development of new Tier 1 relationships for program needs/alignment including technical engagement on any RFIs and RFQs.
- Coordinating with Project Management on customer RFI/RFQ technical proposals.
- Write RFI/RFQ commercial proposals.
- Local customer (Tier 1 or OEM) technical support for awarded programs including DMS/OMS application and system integration support (may include involvement with Chip support, SW integration/issues, System validation).
- Customer support of R&D products including PC-DMS/OMS and EVK, including application assistance, consulting on vehicle installations.
- Support of trade shows and/or occasional speaking engagements which require SEEING MACHINES DMS/OMS technology expertise in interacting with potential customers or broader ecosystem.
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability. Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 12+ years' experience in Automotive semiconductors, electronics systems and development (SW, HW, System Architecture).
- Proven track record leading regional teams involving ecosystem development (customer/partner), customer business development, customer value proposition, architectural proposals, and technical support.
- Proven track record developing customer value propositions, generating customer design starts, and closing on design wins.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Infotainment, Driver Information, and Advance Driver Assistance systems.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Microprocessor and Microcontroller architectures and applications in Automotive Embedded ECUs.
- Experience with and working knowledge of signal processing (ideally machine vision) acceleration techniques in embedded processing systems, including knowledge of various acceleration architectures (VLIW, GPU, TPU, FPGA).
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques and applications (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of vehicle networking and connectivity standards and architectures including CAN, Ethernet, and LVDS (preferred).
- Experience with and working knowledge of Automotive embedded SW architectures including common operating systems, multi-processing methods, software integration, and testing (preferred).
- Working knowledge of ADAS and related machine vision processing techniques (preferred).
- Basic understanding of automotive camera components/design (preferred).
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical skills.
- 5+ years of automotive customer facing experience (Tier 1/OEM) with a proven track record in developing trusted relationships.
- Existing European automotive customer (Tier 1/OEM) relationships and contacts in the Infotainment, Driver Information, and ADAS advance engineering, program engineering, and/or purchasing groups (strongly preferred).
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to efficiently communicate complex ideas/requirements, and achieve consensus within a team.
- Willingness to travel (regular basis within Germany and occasionally to other European countries, Australia, and US. Germany travel up to 30% and Internationally 10% (though might be greater initially – e.g. for company training).
How to apply
Seeing Machines has engaged Stanton Chase to exclusively manage this search. Any applications received via third party or direct will be forwarded to Stanton Chase.
Please contact Roland Hendricks on +49 211 954 98-38 or E-Mail: email@example.com for more information on this opportunity.