VP Legal and Commercial | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2019|
As the world grapples with impacts of road and traffic accidents, increased air travel and the emergence of automated vehicle technology, Seeing Machines enhances safety with camera-based driver monitoring technology.
As VP Legal & Commercial of a company at the forefront of global innovation, you will advise on complex commercial issues relating to our technological developments, which often require creative and proactive legal guidance.
About the opportunity
Seeing Machines faces unique opportunities and challenges. We are an Australian company, listed on the AIM exchange, developing leading sensing technologies and services in a globally competitive market place.
We employ over 200 people globally and in 2018, we have hired our first employees based in the United Kingdom, Germany and Japan.
In this role, you will advise the business on its activities in multiple global jurisdictions, including key legal risks and strategies and work closely with the senior leadership team as they build innovative state-of-the-art technology.
You will lead negotiations and drafting on complex, high value commercial contracts and contribute to corporate governance and risk management across the organisation. In addition, you will manage compliance activities including:
- Alternative Investment Market (AIM) rules
- Legal and regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions
- Compliance with complex international regulations
You bring more to the table than legal expertise. Acting as both a legal and commercial advisor, you will draw upon your broader business knowledge. Above all, your ability to lead and influence across a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholder groups will be critical to your success.
You will have significant experience as an in-house General Counsel. You will clearly understand the need to balance risk with commercial considerations and you will have experience in building a successful legal and commercial team.
As a team, we thrive on the depth and breadth of our experience. We are seeking people who have:
- An LLB or JDor comparable law degreePrior experience in technology and/or intellectual property law.
- Admitted to practice law in Australia and/or the ACT.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organisational and leadership skills.
For a confidential discussion, call Glen from the Talent Acquisition team on 02 6103 4700.
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role, and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
About Seeing Machines
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size, while our state-of the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels.
The why of our technology
- According to the World Health Organisation, over 1.3 million people die in road accidents, globally.
- The American Automobile Association says that 1 in every 10 auto accidents in the US is fatigue related and that 25% of US car accidents are caused by distraction.
- European Commission recommends that camera-based driver monitoring technology be mandated to enhance safety in cars, vans, trucks and buses from 2022.
- Air traffic is set to double over 15 years and the world's aviation fleet is set to double in 20 years. This creates a huge demand for more pilots and air traffic management which increases pressure on training and safety frameworks for the aviation industry, globally.
- Seeing Machines' Guardian technology for commercial fleets has been scientifically proven to reduce fatigue related driver events by more than 90%.
For more information, visit: