Video Data Annotators | Canberra, ACT
|Attachments:|| PD-CAD025 Position Description - Video Data Annotator June 18.docx (Word, 89KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jul-2018|
Seeing Machines is a recognised global technology leader in the application of computer vision related to the analysis of human faces and eyes. We are specialists in high-precision and high-reliability face and eye tracking for mission critical safety applications.
About The Opportunity
Seeing Machines' products are installed in thousands of vehicles across the global transport and automotive sectors. Our products have monitored drivers for millions of miles while they complete demanding shift work and long journeys. Our algorithms detect fatigued and distracted drivers preventing accidents and improving safety for all road users.
Our Truthing/Annotation team marks up video datasets and prepares the data for machine learning algorithm validation and training.
As a key member of this team, you will:
- Analyse proprietary lossless video data files (frame by frame) to interpret precisely where or what the subject is looking at – and mark up appropriately
- Review annotated frames to ensure quality of video file metadata
- Make rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Produce “truth” files through the annotation process – that train and validate Seeing Machines' algorithms using machine learning techniques
- File management - arrange information and files in a practical manner and according to procedural guidelines
- Maintain quality, focus and accuracy whilst performing complex repetitive annotation tasks
- Accurately plan work, scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects
As a Video Data Annotator, you will provide critical support to the R&D team - as they apply machine learning technology to continue development of our class leading algorithms and technology.
You will have:
- Undergraduate qualifications in Engineering, Science, Technology or Mathematics (or studying towards this level of education)
- Demonstrated English language competence including the ability to read and understand complex technical documentation
- Experience in using image or video editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Movie Maker) and a strong understanding of digital image formats
- The ability to work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- A focus on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service to agreed standards
- The ability to establish good relationships with internal stakeholders
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Ability to discern issues requiring independent action from those that should be brought to the attention of the management team e.g. from dealing with corrupt files to a situation when more serious consideration or process improvement is required.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
Our workplace is diverse, dynamic and collaborative and is spread across the globe to ensure we meet the needs of our customers.
For more information, visit: