Full Stack Software Developer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Guardian Brochure - AustraliaUK.pdf (PDF, 281KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2018|
The Guardian Live team is responsible for developing and supporting the Guardian software suite which provides processing, reporting and visualisation services, APIs and applications for vehicle and operator performance data - collected from vehicles equipped with Seeing Machines' driver monitoring systems.
About The Opportunity
We believe this is a genuine exciting opportunity for experienced full stack Software Engineers to extend and maintain these services, APIs and applications for Windows, web and mobile platforms as well as providing support for customers and partner users.
Primary responsibilities include building containerised services, API's and SPA web applications targeting private and public cloud deployment, including Kubernetes and AWS, to support monitoring, reporting and visualisation of vehicle and operator performance in fleets equipped with Seeing Machines' Guardian fatigue detection and driver monitoring systems.
This will involve:
- Writing and maintaining loosely-coupled container-friendly services to manipulate data in relational and NoSQL databases and object stores, employing IoT, subscription and queue-based messaging, for hosting in Kubernetes and AWS platforms and for serving to web, mobile and Windows clients
- Employing tools such as Angular, Typescript, C#, .NET Core, Material and Telerik frameworks
- Developing new REST API's to support integration with customer telematics and fleet management systems
- Working to ensure that released code performs to specifications, is scalable, and complies with best practices and appropriate regulatory obligations relating to security, privacy, data protection and globalisation principles
- Committing to quality by following best practices, writing testable code, producing unit tests, documenting code and contributing to code reviews.
You will have:
- Experience developing performant, scalable and secure multi-tier, multi-platform applications, services and REST APIs with C# and .NET
- Experience developing modern web front ends, including SPA's, using Angular, Kendo, Material design and Webpack or similar applications
- Experience developing for and with one or more RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle, using ORMs like nHibernate, Dapper and/or Entity Framework
- Willingness to employ responsive, mobile-first and API-first design principles
- Good technical writing skills
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product development
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities giving due consideration to importance, value and urgency
- Commitment to quality outcomes including a strong attention to detail.
Experience developing containerised software for deployment in public and private clouds such as Kubernetes, AWS, OpenStack, Docker or Azure would be highly regarded.
You will work in an environment employing:
- Agile software development using SCRUM
- Continuous integration and development using Visual Studio Online
- Git-based source control
- Jira and Zendesk ticket management
- Octopus Deploy automated release management and deployment.
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
About Guardian Accident Prevention Technology
Guardian by Seeing Machines is a real-time driver fatigue and distraction solution that is scientifically proven to reduce fatigue events by upwards of 90%. Guardian combines in-cab intervention with 24/7 support and analytics services, providing a complete safety solution for commercial vehicles. Today Guardian has intervened in more than 50,000 fatigue or distraction events, and is used by leading transport and logistics companies across the globe.
For more information, visit: