Senior IT Systems Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
Working as a key member of the Core IT Operations team, you will also collaborate closely with our DevOps and Software Engineering teams.
About The Opportunity
We believe this is an exciting and technically challenging career opportunity to collaborate with software engineers and IT systems engineers to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development and keep in mind engineering needs while designing, planning, deploying and testing network and other IT or technology based business solutions.
Working closely with the Director of IT Operations, you will play a lead role in successfully completing project plans in line with the business strategy and current technology roadmap.
The role has a significant focus on cloud-based computing, creating a dynamic and secure environment enabling engineers to turn ideas into solutions in the most efficient way possible.
Primary responsibilities include:
- designing, testing, deploying and maintaining in-house and cloud infrastructure.
- providing high-level technical support to software development teams as well as the broader business
- managing IT projects
- assisting in optimisation and modernisation processes
- capturing demand trends from software development teams
- participating in the continuous improvement of processes and tools both within Core IT and software development teams
About Our Environment
You will work in an innovative environment utilising:
- Cloud services, AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google
- Microsoft Windows, Linux servers
- Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Sophos Firewalls
- Perforce, Jenkins, Github
This is a full-time position based in our new facility in Fyshwick, Canberra.
You are a natural critical thinker and problem solver with the capacity to consult extensively to a range of stakeholders.
You will have:
- a bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Programming, Computer Science or equivalent third-level qualification
- demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions
- experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in complex IT environments
- strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- working knowledge of programming or scripting languages
- experience with highly available cloud or in-house applications and services
- experience with scripting and task automation
- an understanding of current internet threats and IT security best practices
- experience working in an agile team environment
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
For more information, visit: