Full Stack Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jul-2019|
Guardian is used by leading transport and logistics companies worldwide and is proven to reduce fatigue events by more than 90%. So far, Guardian has intervened in more than 70,000 fatigue events and detected more than 3,500,000 distraction events.
The Guardian Live team is responsible for developing and supporting the web platforms, APIs and Windows applications that comprise the Guardian software suite.
About the opportunity
As a Full Stack Engineer you will extend these services, APIs and applications for Windows, web and mobile platforms as well as providing support for customers and partner users.
You will build containerised services, API's and SPA web applications targeting private and public cloud deployment, including Kubernetes and AWS, to support monitoring, reporting and visualisation of vehicle and operator performance in fleets equipped with Seeing Machines' Guardian fatigue detection and driver monitoring systems.
This will involve:
- Writing loosely-coupled container-friendly services to manage relational and NoSQL data, employing IoT and subscription and queue-based messaging, hosted in Docker and AWS platforms and serving web, mobile and Windows clients
- Employing tools such as Angular, Typescript, C#, .NET Core, Material and Telerik frameworks
- Developing new REST API's to support integration with customer telematics and fleet management systems
- Working to ensure that released code performs to specifications, is scalable, and complies with best practices and appropriate regulatory obligations relating to security, privacy, data protection and globalisation principles
- Committing to quality by following best practices, writing testable code, producing unit tests, documenting code and contributing to code reviews.
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability.
Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- Experience developing modern web front ends, including SPA's, using Angular, Kendo, Material design and Webpack or similar applications
- Experience developing performant, scalable and secure multi-tier, multi-platform applications, services and REST APIs with C# and .NET
- Experience developing for and with one or more RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle, using ORMs like nHibernate, Dapper and/or Entity Framework
- Good technical writing skills
Experience developing containerised software for deployment in public and private clouds such as AWS, Kubernetes, Azure, Docker or OpenStack would be highly regarded.
You will be part of a small but friendly and supportive team working for a company that encourages excellence and values diversity. Your work will involve:
- Agile software development
- Continuous integration and development using Visual Studio Online
- Git-based source control
- Jira and Zendesk ticket management
- Octopus Deploy automated release management and deployment.
How to apply
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science and machine learning to monitor driver attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and to intervene when necessary to prevent fatigue and distraction from costing lives.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
The WHY of our technology
• According to the World Health Organisation, over 1.3 million people die in road accidents, globally.
• The American Automobile Association says that 1 in every 10 auto accidents in the US is fatigue related and that 25% of US car accidents are caused by distraction.
• European Commission recommends that camera-based driver monitoring technology be mandated to enhance safety in cars, vans, trucks and buses from 2022.
• Air traffic is set to double over 15 years and the world's aviation fleet is set to double in 20 years. This creates a huge demand for more pilots and air traffic management which increases pressure on training and safety frameworks for the aviation industry, globally.
• Seeing Machines' Guardian technology for commercial fleets has been scientifically proven to reduce fatigue related driver events by more than 90%.