Director, Financial Planning and Analysis | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Mar-2019|
As the world grapples with impacts of road and traffic accidents, increased air travel and the emergence of automated vehicle technology, Seeing Machines enhances safety with camera-based driver monitoring technology.
Our Finance team works alongside key business units, supporting and advising their strategic and operational decision-making through insights that drive better business performance.
As Director, Financial Planning & Analysis of a company at the forefront of global innovation, you will support the business to raise standards in key operational and strategic decision areas through:
- interpreting, explaining and driving finance performance within the business
- advising on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities
- providing financial analysis and insights on specific issues
About the opportunity
We employ over 200 people globally and in 2018, we have hired our first employees based in the United Kingdom, Germany and Japan.
In this role, you will advise the business on our finance and accounting activities in multiple global jurisdictions, partnering with the business to support strategy and embed financial competency.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will contribute to strategy development, analyse current and past trends and provide meaningful data and reporting to the business, to enable evidence-based planning.
You bring more to the table than finance expertise. Acting as a commercial advisor, you will draw upon your broader business knowledge. Above all, your ability to lead and influence across a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholder groups will be critical to your success.
This is a role where you will make an impact. You will be a proven senior manager with a track record of partnering with the business to truly understand the drivers and levers.
As a team, we thrive on the depth and breadth of our experience. We are seeking people who have:
- a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA highly regarded)
- significant experience in managing a financial planning and analysis function in a comparable business environment
- a high level of business acumen and an ability to understand and interpret business strategy
- demonstrating experience working with a range of stakeholders including Board members, Executive and Sales and Operational staff
- demonstrated experience in innovating within the Finance function
- the courage to speak up, to challenge and to hold a mirror up to the business
- the ability to translate the numbers into a business story.
For a confidential discussion, call Chelsea from the Talent Acquisition team on 02 6103 4700.
How to apply
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
The WHY of our technology
• According to the World Health Organisation, over 1.3 million people die in road accidents, globally.
• The American Automobile Association says that 1 in every 10 auto accidents in the US is fatigue related and that 25% of US car accidents are caused by distraction.
• European Commission recommends that camera-based driver monitoring technology be mandated to enhance safety in cars, vans, trucks and buses from 2022.
• Air traffic is set to double over 15 years and the world's aviation fleet is set to double in 20 years. This creates a huge demand for more pilots and air traffic management which increases pressure on training and safety frameworks for the aviation industry, globally.
• Seeing Machines' Guardian technology for commercial fleets has been scientifically proven to reduce fatigue related driver events by more than 90%.