Software Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2019|
As the world grapples with impacts of road and traffic accidents, increased air travel and the emergence of automated vehicle technology, Seeing Machines enhances safety with camera-based driver monitoring technology. We are seeking the brightest minds to help us continue to create and deliver technologically advanced solutions.
About the opportunity
As a member of the Dev Ops team, you will collaborate with our IT and Software Engineering teams to support effective and focussed software development activities whilst balancing flexibility, security and productivity. Our production programs have tight deadlines and need to support high availability, fast feedback Continuous Integration systems. You will join our world-class scientists and engineers who work with the world's leading car makers – as we work together to shape the future of automotive technology. We are seeking people with proven Dev Ops experience to:
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of software development automation systems for in-house and cloud infrastructure
- Monitor, optimise and contribute to the management of resource utilisation in both cloud and local C++ build systems
- Respond to support requests from software development teams
- Support access to custom hardware between developers and build infrastructure
- Prepare documentation including work instructions for engineers
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability. Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience and training
- Capability to identify repetitive tasks and automate them, and specifically understand when to use automation
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in complex technical environments
- Good stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong understanding of and applied experience in C++ with an emphasis on the compilation process and experience with Python for task automation
- Excellent documentation and technical writing skills
- Experience with highly available cloud or in-house applications and services (including AWS, GCP and Azure), embedded system automation and CI platforms (including Jenkins, Python for automation and/or LAVA)
- Experience working in an agile team environment, and working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
How to apply
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
The WHY of our technology
• According to the World Health Organisation, over 1.3 million people die in road accidents, globally.
• The American Automobile Association says that 1 in every 10 auto accidents in the US is fatigue related and that 25% of US car accidents are caused by distraction.
• European Commission recommends that camera-based driver monitoring technology be mandated to enhance safety in cars, vans, trucks and buses from 2022.
• Air traffic is set to double over 15 years and the world's aviation fleet is set to double in 20 years. This creates a huge demand for more pilots and air traffic management which increases pressure on training and safety frameworks for the aviation industry, globally.
• Seeing Machines' Guardian technology for commercial fleets has been scientifically proven to reduce fatigue related driver events by more than 90%.