Lead Data Analyst / Performance Validation Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Jun-2018|
Our Data & Validation Group collects and manages critical validation and algorithm training datasets and applies their statistical analysis expertise to algorithm validation. The team acts as an internal service division and provides critical assistance to the Research & Development team and other engineering groups.
About The Opportunity
The Lead Data Analyst reports directly to the Director, Data and Validation and is responsible for delivering a performance reporting framework capable to meet the requirements of the Engineering, Product and Technical Sales teams.
This will require leading the performance analysis and reporting of our Driver Monitoring algorithms and systems. On a day to day basis, this will involve:
- designing performance metrics that best characterise the algorithm, system and product performance against requirements
- develop and maintaining performance analysis tools to generate quantitative performance metrics
- applying relevant statistical analysis to analyse and interpret performance data
- reporting on performance metrics, and in particular, contextualise, translate and communicate product performance to end users
- guiding technical development across the algorithm performance team to deliver continual algorithm / system performance feedback
- analysing customer requirements, in collaboration with Product Development Leads (e.g. Automotive OEM Programs) then translating those requirements into performance metrics and implementation.
The successful applicant will have tertiary qualifications in data analytics, data science, software/systems engineering, applied statistics, mathematics or a similar quantitative discipline with strong equivalent industry experience in:
- algorithm / product performance testing, preferably in the computer vision domain
- extracting information from a wide variety of sources including quantitative, qualitative and big data sources
- strong experience in quantitative methods of data analysis
- strong fundamental knowledge of applied statistics
- strong experience driving collaboration amongst Engineering teams
- hands-on proficiency with full data analysis stack (e.g. Python numerical analysis and visualization stack, R)
- experience in database architectures – SQL & NoSQL, map reduce paradigm, C++, C#, .NET
- computer vision algorithms, and large video data processing
- distributed computing such as PySpark and Dask
- machine learning and AI frameworks
- cloud based frameworks and services (AWS)
To apply for this role, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
For more information, visit: