Electronic Hardware Technician | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
Seeing Machines builds technology that saves lives. Driver Monitoring poses deeply challenging problems for electronic technicians, and we need the brightest minds to help us create the solutions.
About The Opportunity
Working as a key member of the Test and Technical Services team, you support the hardware applications development engineering team to integrate driver monitoring systems (DMS) into vehicles or other demonstration hardware.
- Testing and debugging of prototype systems
- Reworking and repairing electronic circuit boards
- Fabricating and assembling electromechanical components and systems for next-generation benchtop and in-vehicle prototypes
- Managing and maintaining lab equipment inventory, installation, and usage
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications as an Electronic Technician e.g. Associate Degree or Diploma of Electronic Engineering
- Demonstrated expertise with hand soldering surface mount (0201) components
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation e.g. test procedures
- Demonstrated practical experience debugging electronic circuit boards with knowledge of disassembling, modifying, and installing electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read and follow technical datasheets, interpret schematics, mechanical drawings, assembly drawings and assembly instructions
- Experience with building electrical systems, wire harnesses, automotive-grade crimping, and connection systems
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design
- Interest in next-generation vehicle technologies, connectivity, and automated/autonomous vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and creatively solve problems
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Operating an oscilloscope, multimeter and benchtop power supply
- Proficiency with standard hardware tools such as drills, cutters etc.
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
Our workplace is diverse, dynamic and collaborative and is spread across the globe to ensure we meet the needs of our customers.
For more information, visit: