Chief Information Officer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2019|
Digital transformation requires collaboration. Firstly, to understand whole of business requirements, then to lead IT transformation and operational efficiency.
We are seeking an experienced Chief Information Officer (CIO) to create business value through technology. As the leader and innovator of information management and technology platforms and strategy, your goal is to add maximum value, facilitating the success of our business - and the move to a more effective continuous integration model.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will collaborate with the executive team and create our ICT roadmap and strategy, which will provide the foundation for a contemporary and efficient function that can evolve with the needs of our global technology business.
You'll embed a strong planning framework that underpins all ICT activities. In addition, you will lead and develop a multidisciplinary technical team, whilst building strong relationships and trust across the organisation.
About our information environment
You will build an innovative federated information environment that harnesses the power of multiple cloud service providers, leading software tools to support development operations, unified communications, mass data storage, and a host of leading tools and applications. With services spanning more than five countries, you will lead a team that is dedicated to delivering excellent trusted support.
You will bring a high level of business acumen to the role, together with strong change management skills. Your proven experience as a CIO in partnering with the business, and in developing team capability will be critical to your success. You will also bring a track record in transforming corporate IT departments and implementing successful IT infrastructure projects.
For a confidential discussion, call Glen from the Talent Acquisition team on 02 6103 4700.
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role, and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
About Seeing Machines
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size, while our state-of the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels.
As the world grapples with impacts of road and traffic accidents, increased air travel and the emergence of automated vehicle technology, Seeing Machines can genuinely enhance safety with camera-based driver monitoring technology. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this state-of-the-art technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged in their task across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
The why of our technology
- According to the World Health Organisation, over 1.3 million people die in road accidents, globally.
- The American Automobile Association says that 1 in every 10 auto accidents in the US is fatigue related and that 25% of US car accidents are caused by distraction.
- European Commission recommends that camera-based driver monitoring technology be mandated to enhance safety in cars, vans, trucks and buses from 2022.
- Air traffic is set to double over 15 years and the world's aviation fleet is set to double in 20 years. This creates a huge demand for more pilots and air traffic management which increases pressure on training and safety frameworks for the aviation industry, globally.
- Seeing Machines' Guardian technology for commercial fleets has been scientifically proven to reduce fatigue related driver events by more than 90%.
For more information, visit: