Senior Accountant - Finance Operations | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
Working as a key member of the accounting team, you will be responsible for driving process improvement solutions across our multi-national finance operations.
About The Opportunity
We believe this is an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a commercially focused Senior Accountant, where you will work closely with the Group Financial Controller and play a lead role in designing and implementing practical solutions that address and solve our complex evolving accounting procedures and business needs - ensuring our processes are controlled, effective and efficient.
Primary responsibilities include:
- reviewing and re-designing current business processes and accounting practices to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- making processes more efficient and scalable
- researching finance and compliance related requirements and collaborating with outsourcing partners and advisers to understand the financial needs and obligations when establishing business operations in new locations
- improving monthly management reports
- assisting in the preparation of half-yearly and yearly management financial statements.
This is a full-time position based in our new facility in Fyshwick, Canberra.
You are a natural critical thinker and problem solver with the capacity to consult extensively to a range of stakeholders.
You will have:
- a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting along with CPA or CA
- broad experience in a senior accounting or finance operations role - gained within a large company and complex accounting environment e.g. listed company or multi-national operations
- experience in preparing financial reports for interim and annual audit requirements
- demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- excellent MS Excel skills
- a high degree of integrity and demonstrated ability to deal effectively with change and ambiguity
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
For more information, visit: