Python Software Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
Our Data & Validation Group collects and manages critical validation and algorithm training datasets and applies their statistical analysis expertise to algorithm validation. The team acts as an internal service division and provides critical assistance to the Research & Development team and other engineering groups.
About The Opportunity
The Python Software Engineer is responsible for supporting development of application tools software used to analyse the performance of our driver monitor algorithms – adopting state-of-the-art cluster-compute architecture to enhance the performance of the analysis framework
On a day to day basis, this will involve integrating performance analysis tools into continuous integration framework to provide continual automated feedback to algorithm development team.
The successful applicant will have tertiary qualifications in computer science, software or systems-engineering with commercial experience in:
- object-oriented Python programming
- continuous integration tools, including Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Meson (i.e. DevOps skills), cloud-based storage and compute frameworks
- multithreaded programming techniques and pitfalls
- the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and peer code review practices
- automated software unit testing
- a Linux and Windows environment
- the Python data analysis stack (e.g. pandas, numpy, matplotlib)
- algorithm performance reporting
- C++ programming
To apply for this role, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
For more information, visit: