Data Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
Our Data & Validation Group collects and manages critical validation and algorithm training datasets and applies their statistical analysis expertise to algorithm validation. The team acts as an internal service division and provides critical assistance to the Research & Development team and other engineering groups.
About The Opportunity
We believe this is a genuinely stimulating and challenging opportunity to work on exciting cutting edge Big Data projects.
The Data Engineer reports directly to the Director, Data and Validation and is responsible for designing and implementing best-practice scalable database solutions for our Image/Video data warehousing.
You will have tertiary qualifications in computer science, data analytics or data science or software engineering with commercial experience in:
- database design using various database technologies (e.g. SQL, NoSQL), and database design patterns
- logical data modelling
- performance optimisation of all aspects of the data warehousing workflow, whilst maintaining data integrity
- Cloud based technologies and services (e.g. AWS storage solution and database services)
- scripted programming languages such as Python
- file container formats (HDF5, JSON, CSV, Apache Parquet)
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- being a strong team player and the ability to engage with various internal stakeholders and external customers
- having good oral and written English communication skills, and the ability to express technical concepts clearly.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of cloud-based object storage, and distributed storage systems
- Search engine indexing architecture
- Data analytics skills, and MapReduce paradigm
To apply for this role, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
For more information, visit: