Team Lead - Algorithm Performance | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
Our Data & Validation Group collects and manages critical validation and algorithm training datasets and applies their statistical analysis expertise to algorithm validation. The team acts as an internal service division and provides critical assistance to the Research & Development team and other engineering groups.
About The Opportunity
The Algorithm Performance - Team Lead reports directly to the Director, Data and Validation and is responsible for leading the performance analysis and reporting of our driver monitoring algorithms.
On a day to day basis, this will involve:
- leading and managing a team of algorithm validation engineers, data engineers and software engineers
- managing the day to day collaboration with machine learning scientists, algorithm development engineers and other internal teams to validate the performance of our driver monitoring algorithms
- analysing requirements in collaboration with internal product development leads for Automotive OEM programs
- designing performance metrics that best characterise the algorithm, system and product performance against requirements
- delivering an algorithm performance reporting framework to meet the reporting needs ot internal and external stakeholders.
You will have tertiary qualifications in data analytics, data science, software/systems engineering, applied statistics, mathematics or a similar quantitative discipline with strong equivalent industry experience in:
- leading technical engineering teams to drive collaboration and achieving results
- strong experience in quantitative methods of data analysis
- hands-on proficiency with full data analysis stack (e.g. Python numerical analysis and visualization stack, R)
- computer vision algorithms, and large video data processing
- distributed computing such as PySpark and Dask
- machine learning and AI frameworks
- cloud based frameworks and services (AWS)
To apply for this role, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines has over 15 years of research and development, commercial application and proven expertise in intelligent face and eye tracking technology that enable machines to see, understand and assist people. Our core IP brings to life a range of technology applications that make vehicles smarter, with the intelligence to protect, enable and respond. Today, Seeing Machines deploys technology in a number of cutting edge applications such as:
- Commercial road transport
For more information, visit: