Senior Quality Engineer / Quality Manager | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2019|
Understanding human beings is the ultimate challenge for effective human machine interaction. Our goal is to design human sensing technology to address real-world driving behaviours to make the world a safer, smarter place for drivers and the wider community.
Our Quality team make this happen by leading continuous improvement projects with some of the world's biggest brands, to deliver our world-leading driver monitoring systems (DMS) which enhance safety by supporting drivers to remain engaged in the task of driving.
The DMS market is expanding rapidly as governments around the world look to improve safety on their roads and grapple with how to manage the driver transition in semi-autonomous vehicles.
Seeing Machines is engaged on a multitude of automotive programs at the forefront of innovation, being delivered by highly skilled engineers and scientists. These programs require expertise from world-class Quality professionals to deliver our technology on time, within budget and to the required quality standard.
The role of a Quality Engineer is demanding, requiring you to independently juggle multiple deadlines, resources, requests, stakeholders, and goals. At Seeing Machines, you'll be responsible for leading and promoting a culture of quality assurance (QA) and continuous improvement throughout our organisation.
As a Quality team, we genuinely love what we do, which allows us to to drive our pursuit of product excellence through engineering quality and continuous improvement – helping shape the future of automotive technology as the industry rapidly evolves to produce intelligent vehicles.
You will have significant experience working as a senior quality leader – ideally in the automotive industry or similarly regulated sector such as aviation or semiconductors.
Additionally, you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Science, Quality Management or a relevant technical discipline
- a passion for driving the adoption of quality processes
- commercial experience in defining quality assurance processes and procedures for entire product development lifecycle e.g. for hardware and software - from innovation, concept, product development, maintenance and field monitoring
- experience leading QA audits of automotive product development teams
- experience in defining and implementing QA competence management plan and QA training plans
- commercial experience, training, and working knowledge in ASPICE, PPAP, ISO/TS16949, and ISO26262
- hands-on experience with analysis processes such as, FMEA, FTA, DRBFM, FMEDA, ETA
- working knowledge of SPC & TQM concepts
- ability to own lead discussions with QA and Reliability professionals at Automotive Tier 1's and OEMs, w/ strong background in customer and supplier engagements
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience that you would bring to the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
In automotive, we enable safer Automated Driving (AD) solutions and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) – including the world first camera-based hands-free driving feature, GM Super Cruise. In aviation, our advanced gaze tracking technology understands how pilots interact and monitor instruments – leading to better training and safer operations.
For commercial transport and fleet operators, the Seeing Machines retrofit driver monitoring technology provides real-time intervention for drivers to mitigate the risks associated with driver fatigue and distraction.
For more information, visit: