Requirements Engineer | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Company brouchure.pdf (PDF, 575KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-Jun-2022|
Seeing Machines is engaged in a multitude of programs at the forefront of innovation, being delivered by a team of highly skilled engineers and scientists.
About the opportunity
Seeing Machines is seeking experienced Requirement Engineers to support the specification, design, and development of world-class driver and occupant monitoring technology for automotive companies across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team, you will apply your technical writing expertise and analytical skills to analyse and refine customer requirements and work closely with Engineers and Scientists to define detailed Engineering-level requirements and specifications.
Our talented and close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, quality software, rapid product iteration and collaboration on a wide range of products, hardware and software. Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the requirements on engineering projects, ensuring they are fully documented and traceable in line with a Requirements Management Plan
- Capture and decompose stakeholder requirements and liaise with the Product Owner and/or Project Manager
- Monitoring and reporting requirement traceability metrics and ensuring compliance is maintained
- Review Requirements with subject matter experts and Test Engineers
- Create and maintain product specification documents for internal and customer approval
- Support the Engineering change process, and Engineering proposals in the Requirements Engineering and Traceability process area/s
- Be able to communicate efficiently and clearly with internal stakeholders and customers
We value the breadth and depth of experience that our people bring to their work. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability. Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- Qualifications or training in requirements management or systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience in managing requirements for complex projects
- Demonstrated ability of working within a high performing team of engineers
- Highly developed stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience using formal design languages such as UML
- Demonstrated knowledge in Object Oriented design and patterns
- Ability to collaborate, build effective relationships and influence others within a matrix management organisation
- Ability to provide guidance to junior team members
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and analytical skills
- Strong technical writing, ensuring concise, focused, easy to understand, free of errors, and audience-based requirements.
- Proven ability to effectively analyse requirements and information from a range of sources and stakeholders
Advantageous, but not essential:
- Demonstrated experience in developing safety-critical applications and compliance to industry safety standards such as ASPICE/CMMI/ISO 26262 etc.
- Commercial experience with C/C++ or similar
- Commercial experience using multi-thread and multi-process programming techniques
- Experience using Requirements Management tools (DOORs, JAMA, Reqtify)
- Experience using Software Design tools (Enterprise Architect, SoX)
- Experience working with embedded hardware and components, including ability to understand datasheets
- Experience using Microsoft Office tooling suite
- Experience using REST API and/or SQL queries
- Experience writing Python or other scripting languages
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please upload your current resume and cover letter outlining your experience and interest in the role.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
In automotive, we enable safer Automated Driving (AD) solutions and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) – including the world first camera-based hands-free driving feature, GM Super Cruise. In aviation, our advanced gaze tracking technology understands how pilots interact and monitor instruments – leading to better training and safer operations.
For commercial transport and fleet operators, the Seeing Machines retrofit driver monitoring technology provides real-time intervention for drivers to mitigate the risks associated with driver fatigue and distraction.
For more information, visit: