Data Acquisition Technical Supervisor | Canberra, ACT
|Category:||Data & Validation|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Company brouchure.pdf (PDF, 575KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Dec-2021|
Understanding human beings is the ultimate challenge for effective human machine interaction. Our goal is to design human sensing technology to address real-world driving behaviours to make the world a safer, smarter place for drivers and the wider community.
Seeing Machines is engaged in a multitude of programs at the forefront of innovation, being delivered by highly skilled engineers and scientists. The Data Acquisition Team as a part of the Test Engineering Department provides vital assistance to the Innovation Team and other engineering groups.
As a Data Acquisition Technical Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing Engineering Assistants to deliver high quality labelled data to support algorithm development and validation, and the delivery of class leading products.
About The Opportunity
Our Data Acquisition Team collects, curates, manages, and labels large training and validation datasets for machine learning algorithm training and validation.
As a Data Acquisition Technical Supervisor, you will:
- Gather data labelling requirements through consultation with the key stakeholders.
- Develop data labelling protocols and processes by soliciting and sharing technical feedback from the key stakeholders.
- Execute, supervise, and report data labelling activities in accordance with the approved protocols.
- Maintain a record of labelling effort and cost for all data labelling projects.
- Develop reports on data labelling accuracy.
- Perform QA and provide feedback on data labelling quality to the internal team members or external data suppliers.
- Ensure data labelling tools are available with required configurations before every data labelling activity.
- Manage and assign resources to support data collection, curation, labelling and product testing activities.
- Prepare and maintain staff rosters and accurate timekeeping for the Engineering Assistants - Data & Test.
- Train Engineering Assistants to perform data labelling tasks.
- Monitor team performance and coach team members to attain high team productivity.
- Foster a continuous learning culture within the team through regular communication and positive reviews that encourages exposure to all aspects of data acquisition.
As a Data Acquisition Technical Supervisor, you will provide critical support to the Innovation team - as they apply machine learning technology to continue development of our class leading algorithms and technology.
We are seeking people who have:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, or equivalent demonstrated industry experience.
- Proven experience in a supervisory role preferably in the information technology industry.
- Experience in organizing work groups, training staffs, and ensuring quality compliance.
- Ability to work with incomplete technical information.
- Experience in workflow and lean process development.
- Experience in requirements gathering and in writing technical documents and reports.
- Excellent data and/or file management skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills, with an ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in developing scripts (e.g., in Python) for general data processing.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to work in a systematic, methodical, and orderly manner.
- Ability to maintain quality, focus and accuracy whilst performing repetitive tasks.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools.
- Experience in technical supervisory role, especially in image/video data labelling and processing is highly desirable.
- Strong team player.
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to hold effective technical discussions.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with team members from diversified backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to resolve workplace issues effectively.
- Commitment to team productivity and work quality.
- Establishes positive relationships with the key stakeholders.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical subject matter and learn new skills.
How to apply
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to detect driver drowsiness quickly and accurately, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
The WHY of our technology
- According to the World Health Organisation, over 1.3 million people die in road accidents, globally.
- The American Automobile Association says that 1 in every 10 auto accidents in the US is fatigue related and that 25% of US car accidents are caused by distraction.
- European Commission recommends that camera-based driver monitoring technology be mandated to enhance safety in cars, vans, trucks and buses from 2022.
- Air traffic is set to double over 15 years and the world's aviation fleet is set to double in 20 years. This creates a huge demand for more pilots and air traffic management which increases pressure on training and safety frameworks for the aviation industry, globally.
- Seeing Machines' Guardian technology for commercial fleets has been scientifically proven to reduce fatigue related driver events by more than 90%.