Data Acquisition Specialist | Canberra, ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Company brouchure.pdf (PDF, 575KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Dec-2021|
Understanding human beings is the ultimate challenge for effective human machine interaction. Our goal is to design human sensing technology to address real-world driving behaviours to make the world a safer, smarter place for drivers and the wider community.
Seeing Machines is engaged in a multitude of programs at the forefront of innovation, being delivered by highly skilled engineers and scientists. The Data Acquisition Team as a part of the Test Engineering Department provides vital assistance to the Innovation Team and other engineering groups.
As a Data Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering high quality data to support algorithm development and validation, and the delivery of class leading products.
About The Opportunity
Our Data Acquisition Team collects, curates, manages and labels large training and validation datasets for machine learning algorithm training and validation.
As a Data Acquisition Specialist, you will:
- Gather data collection and labelling requirements through consultation with the key stakeholders.
- Develop data collection and labelling protocols by soliciting and sharing technical feedback from the key stakeholders.
- Execute and supervise data collection, curation and labelling activities in accordance with the approved protocols.
- Ensure required data collection props are available before every data collection run.
- Provide required guidelines to the technicians to install data collection setups and equipment.
- Update dataset registry with required dataset characteristics information.
- Manage participants data collection contracts and update the register with relevant demographic details.
- Perform QA and provide feedback on data collection & labelling quality to the internal team members or external data suppliers.
- Train Engineering Assistants to perform data collection and labelling activities.
- Support Data Acquisition Technical Supervisor providing regular feedback on the performance of Engineering Assistants.
As a Data Acquisition Specialist, you will provide critical support to the Innovation team - as they apply machine learning technology to continue development of our class leading algorithms and technology.
We are seeking creative people who have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated industry experience.
- Experience in requirements gathering and in writing technical documents and reports.
- Ability to work with incomplete technical information.
- Excellent data and/or file management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to work in a systematic, methodical, and orderly manner.
- Ability to maintain quality, focus and accuracy whilst performing repetitive tasks.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools.
- Experience in developing scripts (e.g., in Python) for general data processing.
- Experience in technical supervisory role, especially in image/video data collection, processing and labelling is desirable.
- Strong team player.
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to hold effective technical discussions.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with team members from diversified backgrounds and experience.
- Commitment to team productivity and work quality.
- Establishes positive relationships with the key stakeholders.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical subject matter and learn new skills.
How to apply
To apply, please include an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how you could make a difference at Seeing Machines.
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to detect driver drowsiness quickly and accurately, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.