Linux Systems Support Engineer | Canberra or Melbourne, AU
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Company brouchure.pdf (PDF, 575KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Dec-2021|
Seeing Machines is an Australian success story and a world leader in human-machine interaction and an industry leader in the artificial intelligence (AI) technologies which enable machines to see, understand and assist the people who are using them. Our technology drives a safer world.
About the opportunity
As an Information Systems (IS) Linux Support Engineer you will be part of a IS Team responsible in the day-to-day support to the global Seeing Machines organisation. You will contribute to ensuring that all IS users, including global users, have the best IS services available and that all IS are operating at optimal effectiveness.
The IS Linux Systems Support Engineer will play a critical role in providing leadership, innovation, and Linux capability uplift to the Seeing Machines Information Systems organisation.
The IS Linux Systems Support Engineer will be responsible in developing, maintaining system support capabilities, including automation services to optimise Linux environments. This will require the incumbent to engage across the SM organisation to deliver Linux services that are optimised, secure, in accordance with the required delivery standards and the organisations strategic objectives.
- Provide 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level support to troubleshoot issues on the Linux hosted platforms.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix, document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Contribute to incident root cause analysis, with enough knowledgeable to lead discussions and drive tangible improvements.
- Work with peers inside and outside the team to promote and expand automation of operational tasks through consultancy and hands-on expertise, identifying the best fit and highlighting benefits.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Willing to be the subject matter expert on infrastructure elements including cloud. For example: Compute, Storage, Networking etc.
- Supporting Services such as Identity Management, DNS, PKI etc.
- Design, build and implement tools to aid observability, identification and resolution of incidents that occur on the cloud platform with a strong emphasis on reducing MTTR.
- Provide backup and recovery support and guidance for cloud resources. This includes executing disaster recovery procedures to support disaster recovery testing.
Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology or demonstrable industry experience and 5 years in a similar role in lieu of degree
- Linux certifications (Linux+, LPI, RHCE etc) (D)
- AWS and / or Azure certifications (D)
- 4-6 years IT experience in a large enterprise organisation (M)
- Knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management best practices (M)
- Experience working with Linux OS, preferably Ubuntu. (M)
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of previous experience in working with Microsoft 365 and Azure AD (D)
- Experience and understanding of basic infrastructure like DNS, DHCP, AD, GPO, Windows server etc. (M)
- Experience with Virtualization environments (Hyper-V) (D)
- Experience in the management and support of; IS Networks, Firewalls and Virtual Private Networks (D)
- Excellent understanding of managing Linux clients in a Windows domain or cloud environment (M)
- Excellent understanding of PKI in a Linux / Windows environment (D)
- Managing OS images and deployment scripts (D)
- Excellent understanding of Ansible or similar software provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment tool (D)
- Excellent understanding of Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), deployment and managing WSL, and running Linux containers in WSL. (M)
- Excellent understanding of Linux boot loader, file systems and disk encryption (D)
- Excellent understanding of Ubuntu software repository and local cache mirroring (D)
How to apply
To apply, please upload your current resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the role. If you are successful for this opportunity a police check is required.
About Seeing Machines
Seeing Machines is a world leader in driver-machine interaction. We harness human factors science to create artificial intelligence (AI) technology that observes the driver's attention – reliably, unobtrusively, and in real time – and intervenes seamlessly when necessary.
Specialised computer vision algorithms underpin Seeing Machines' core camera-based driver monitoring technology. Algorithms allow us to precisely track eye gaze, head position and pupil size while our state-of-the-art AI technology analyses the data to quickly and accurately detect driver drowsiness, distraction and microsleep levels. We work with some of the world's leading brands to deliver this technology, helping keep drivers and operators engaged across commercial transport and logistics, automotive, aviation, rail and mining industries.
In automotive, we enable safer Automated Driving (AD) solutions and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) – including the world first camera-based hands-free driving feature, GM Super Cruise. In aviation, our advanced gaze tracking technology understands how pilots interact and monitor instruments – leading to better training and safer operations.
For commercial transport and fleet operators, the Seeing Machines retrofit driver monitoring technology provides real-time intervention for drivers to mitigate the risks associated with driver fatigue and distraction.
For more information, visit: